Half-Life Fallout: [Release] Missing Information v1.4 --- Borealis and E3 Pres. - Half-Life Fallout

• (44 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Missing Information v1.4 --- Borealis and E3 Pres.

Moderator Emeritus

#46 Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

View PostThe fox, on Feb 23 2006, 03:30 PM, said:

is there any other links where i can download the mod? on the current host i get about 38kb/sec :/

Roger that man. I downloaded it today at a whopping 40kb/sec. Next release they need to host it elsewhere. To answer your question, afaik, it's the only place to get it. :(
Posted Image

City 17 Civilian

#47 Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, I'll get a few mirrors up right now.

About the Hydra: It isn't completed and we didn't want anybody decompiling our code or anything so we just left it out.

The installer: It worked fine for the few that have tested it. But one thing which you said is strange. The default install location should be C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\MissingInfo\.

Citadel Elite Guard

#48 Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

View Posttundra_cool, on Feb 23 2006, 08:41 PM, said:

About the Hydra: It isn't completed and we didn't want anybody decompiling our code or anything so we just left it out.

oh, nvm then, by the way the tub is going pretty slow, so slow i can't even access it =(

Combine Elite Pilot

#49 Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:48 PM

That's what it was for me, and I just changed it to the right folder, and it worked fine for me! I really want to see the hydra in the mod, especially if it was fully working. How much do you guys plan on putting into the mod? The whole leak, or more?
Posted Image

Citadel Elite Guard

#50 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

View PostZeebok, on Feb 23 2006, 08:48 PM, said:

That's what it was for me, and I just changed it to the right folder, and it worked fine for me! I really want to see the hydra in the mod, especially if it was fully working. How much do you guys plan on putting into the mod? The whole leak, or more?

Hopefully a lot more, but definately more, we are trying to add the entire old storyline of hl2, we have a lot more cool stuff that can't be released yet because it is still being worked on but trust me it will be worth the wait.

Moderator Emeritus

#51 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

Can this directory C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\MissingInfo\ be changed during the install?

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

I love beer.

#52 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

Got this error:

Posted Image
I should put something else here... >.>

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#53 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:14 PM

MOST OF THE MOD CONTENT WAS MADE BY VALVE SOFTWARE. BY READING THIS
YOU UNDERSTAND NOT TO ANNOY US BY SAYING WE STEAL, LIE, OR TAKE CREDIT
FOR ANY OF VALVE'S JUNK.

*ponders why people are actually praising these individuals for transfering leaked content to a mod folder* They call it "valve's junk" yet are happy to rerelease it under their own mod title, interesting. This is a sad day for the modding community that this would even get as far as being called a mod.

Moderator Emeritus

#54 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

AFAIK, the content itself is not leaked content. It's based upon what was leaked. You would have to ask the dev team to clarify that however.
Posted Image

#55 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

View PostTrooper, on Feb 23 2006, 09:18 PM, said:

AFAIK, the content itself is not leaked content. It's based upon what was leaked. You would have to ask the dev team to clarify that however.

They haven't made any new content themselves as they would not be able to. This is how I know:

View PostLEDHED, on Feb 23 2006, 08:18 PM, said:

b. we don't have animations for the scripted hydras because of the lack of a character animator

If they don't have a character animator how were they able to recreate many of the weapons and animations of the characters from the scenes that were cut?

Moderator Emeritus

#56 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

Good points CommanderZx2. But this is just going by what I read on other forums. Also, I don't have any experience with creating a mod, so I for one am far from an expert. Guess we need the dev team to clarify. Especially since we know the leak is illegal. This is the only reason that I let this post fly.
Posted Image

I love beer.

#57 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

Can anyone help me out?
I should put something else here... >.>

Citadel Elite Guard

#58 Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

View PostCommanderZx2, on Feb 23 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

They haven't made any new content themselves as they would not be able to. This is how I know:
If they don't have a character animator how were they able to recreate many of the weapons and animations of the characters from the scenes that were cut?

You don't obviously don't know a thing. Allow me to clarify, first of all, you can't simply transfer most of the beta material to a mod folder, the only thing that can be done that way is sounds and textures. Models, maps and other stuff have to be converted and fixed up considerably due to the model importer screwing up bone assignments and other crap and use of obsolete entities in hammer (and a ton of other problems). A lot of work was done on this, some of the stuff had to be recreated because the models weren't possible to converted, for example, the physgun model. Second of all i said we didn't have a character animator, i never said we didn't have weapon animators. And also this is a beta release, we have much more content that hasn't been released and plenty of stuff that is original. Also you have no idea how much effort this takes, why don't you try to do the exact same thing and see how far you get. If you don't like it how about you get out of the thread and don't download the mod? Regarding the legality, we have asked valve plenty of times and the only thing we weren't allowed to go near was the code from the leak, we had our own coder, he coded the stuff from scratch. Next time, before you go bashing a mod, do some research.

View PostCommanderZx2, on Feb 23 2006, 09:14 PM, said:

*ponders why people are actually praising these individuals for transfering leaked content to a mod folder* They call it "valve's junk" yet are happy to rerelease it under their own mod title, interesting. This is a sad day for the modding community that this would even get as far as being called a mod.

also learn to read.

edit: and to Xephik, i don't know what your problem is, try redownloading

#59 Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

Well I've just started to d/l it now. Im getting a nice 120Kbs/sec but its still gonna take 30 mins. Cant wait to try it.....
I used to have something good here, I'm sure of it......

XBL - Pillsy19
PSN - Pillsy

City 17 Civilian

#60 Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

CommanderZx2, it's hard to argue against your statements since it's obvious that you aren't an 'all-around modder' who knows the significant difference of models, maps, choreographed scenes, and code between the leak and the retail versions of Half-Life 2. It takes an incredible amount of work to be done for something of Valve's to be completed, let alone released and playable.

• (44 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users