Half-Life Fallout: An Open Letter To HLFallout - Half-Life Fallout

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

An Open Letter To HLFallout It's time to speak...

Doer

#1 Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:46 AM

This is an open letter to the forum staff of HLFallout as well as certain members if you want to be included.

I also don’t think Mr. Bond will read this because he’s never on to look after his own site and just appoints anyone without a thorough background check to uphold the peace here.

Article I:

As of recently you may have noticed I haven’t been posting that much. Well the reason for that being I was temporarily suspended by a nameless moderator. Oh hell I’ll just say the name. It was EatChildren. Now I can’t see why he would do something like this. This act of suspension was extremely and inexorably uncalled for. I didn’t do anything warranting a one-week suspension. This brings me to a point. The moderators as well as some members have recently practiced renegade ways and this is a prime example.

Reason for suspension:
Flaming and Spamming.

Now if the suspension wasn’t a slap in the face alone I also got a WARNING on top of that. Now that was just adding even more gasoline to the fire. Now there were some others who were committing this act of “flaming and spamming” but it was most certainly wasn’t me. This act of hostility was all the more reason for me to take things into my own hands.

Now we all know that the moderators will say “if you don’t like it PM a staff member and it will be taken care of.” What a joke that is. How am I supposed to PM a staff member in charge if most or all of them are conspiring against me? So that’s why I’m addressing everyone.

Article II:

Now as if the problems weren’t serious enough, I also received a threatening yet hostile approach by the same moderator after I received my suspension. The message said something along the lines of “if you do not like it here DO NOT come back.” Who is to say I’m not to come back? Do they honestly think they can keep me out? Particularly this statement is a slight explanation of why the text in my signature is the way it is. I will continue to come back, only to preserve an honor I have to uphold.

Now the funny thing that seems to me is that I’ll probably be warned/suspended/banned or whatever they can throw at me again just for writing this little piece of material here. I’ve never seen a place on the internet in my life where you can’t speak your mind. But I guess that doesn’t apply here because this site was made in another country besides America...... But let’s not get into political issues right now because I know if I mention anything relating to political issues I will be warned/suspended/banned. Oh and fellow forums members will resort to inept name-calling and insults.

Also I would like to add another side note. I found some of my posts mysteriously disappearing when there was NOTHING wrong said at all. If I merely state an OPINION on a thread subject it gets deleted by some rogue moderator.

Article III:

This article is addressed primarily toward fellow forum members and the relationship towards the forum and its staff members. Now I dislike many of the ones that seem they are the almighty center of knowledge within the universe. They also seem to think they’re always right and well...basically perfect in anyway. The truth is they are not perfect. They are far from perfect. Am I saying I’m perfect? No. But they are certainly not. Yet when someone is to say something (not even to them mind you) they automatically jump out of no where and insult that person. The moderators also continue to let it happen. Now it seems to me this is a direct act of flaming. Apparently that’s against the rules as what I’ve seen happened to me. So what happens to these people? They continue to post with absolutely NO CONSEQUENCES. Now a mod right about now should jump out and say “yes there are CONSEQUENCESNO THERE ISN’T ANY.
If there were they would have been banned forever a long time ago. But apparently since I speak my mind I’m suspended for a week and possibly they’re going to attempt a life sentence. Go figure. A quick suggestion for the moderators would be to clean up the filth you have on this site which is dragging it down. Another thing you might say is “well Chomp you’re the one who’s dragging this site down!” Not true. I’m trying to make many people “wake up and smell the coffee” as so to speak. The primary reason for this open letter is due to the fact that it was provoked by the actions of several forum members.

Article IV:

Now you may be thinking/saying “why don’t you just leave Chomp so we don’t have anymore trouble?” Or you could be saying “you’re a complete maniac.” Now I can address these sayings. I’ve been here too long to be treated with disrespect from such a large site on the internet. Keep in mind I’ve gone two years without anything bad happening to me on this site. Now all of a sudden out of no where moderators decide to make the wrong judgments towards the wrong people. I don’t like it when the innocent are proven guilty it’s maddening. So basically I’m doing all I can to fix that.

“What will you do if they ban you Chomp?”

THEY WILL NEVER BAN ME.

ARTICLE V:

Now it is most likely that moderators will lock and delete this particular thread. You know why? Because some of them are so hopelessly insecure that they will think it will cause problems or that some of them do not want to realize the truth. But you see that can temporarily lock and delete the thread. But it will keep resurfacing by me until the battle is won. If I get banned by username...I will come back under another. If I get banned by IP I will come back under another. I can’t possibly think of anything keeping me out.

To quote Saddam Hussein:

“The mother of all battles is upon us.”

Also I would also like to mention this entire letter is not a threat. I’m merely saying of what has to be said. That’s all.

ARTICLE VI:

Isn’t funny how the staff thinks that banning me will keep me out for good? Oh but their ultimate tool would be by banning me by IP address. Ha, all I have to do is friggin’ reset my router and I get a new one. I could even use a proxy. There are also several other ways I can but I will not get into them right now. Oh and if they’re going to ban each username at a time I can strictly go on multiple computers (I have the resources) to make several usernames at once from multiple discrete IP addresses.

In fact I would even be surprised is some of them were to even read this entire letter. Some people here are smart and will take the time to read it. But the morons will just say something a long the lines of “OMG STFU GTFO.” You see these are the people I meant before. They think they’re the center of the universe and are extremely smart. But typing this way and not even using proper grammar, sentence structure and spelling for that matter they are clearly not.

ARTICLE VII:

It amazes me that in this day in age, on the internet, a man cannot speak his own mind in a respectable manner. I tried to be nice the long time I was here. But apparently that was not at all good enough. The reason for me being to pessimistic and outlandish lately is because I’ve had enough of being nice. It doesn’t get you anywhere around here. I feel I’ve accomplished more being negative than positive. White is now black. Up is now down. Good is now bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In closing I think I’ve made my self pretty clear. I’ve also addressed some of the problems I have having with this particular forum. This might have also addressed some other problems people are having with this forum. I wouldn’t be surprised if some moderators want to “terminate...with extreme prejudice” upon me. Now I say good day and good bye for the moment.

Signed,

Chomp

This is my signature.

Post Maniac

#2 Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:50 AM

I hear ya bro, but in time you'll realize it's really not a big deal and move on.
"Hey, Gordon, long time no see...go save the world! Here's a crowbar!"
Best Half-Life 2 review ever

G-Man Personal Aid

#3 Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:53 AM

As arbitrary as it may seem, ultimately, it was just a temporary action on a forum on the internets. I can understand where one would be a bit mift, but I don't think such action warrants 'war.'

Well, best of luck I suppose.
Posted Image

#4 Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:57 AM

I like you Chomp, I always have. You and I have been on good ground for quite some time now. I agree with what you have to say, for the most part (except your rather outlandish critiques of the site staff, though only because I personally have not seen it, nor was I instrumental in your suspension). And as if you're complaining about a single warning raise.

However, I also find most of this article to be quite hypocritical. Vowing to come back over and over to stir things up, essentially, is not unlike taking matters into your own hands and breaking rules without consequences, which you to accuse many members here of.

How can you complain about people acting like they're always right when your entire 'article' is high and mighty?

I don't want to see you go Chomp, but I don't think this argument does any justice to what you're trying to say.

PS I'm leaving this thread open, and I'll moderate it when I have the chance. Any ******* posts will be removed. I want the staff to see this, and I also want Chomp to be able to see it (hence why I'm not moving it)

Again Chomp, I'm critical of your novella, though I do side with you in most areas.

G-Man Personal Aid

#5 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:01 AM

Using a different font and colour makes you look professional. Also, I like how you quoted Saddam. How controversial. Only you would go there.
Posted Image
DAN YOU ARE THE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -eN
<Guillermo> DAN YOU ARE THE NEW SEX :D!!!
<Guillermo^|Wanking> Dan, you're still the new sex!! :D

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#6 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:02 AM

Isn’t funny how the staff thinks that banning me will keep me out for good? Oh but their ultimate tool would be by banning me by IP address. Ha, all I have to do is friggin’ reset my router and I get a new one. I could even use a proxy. There are also several other ways I can but I will not get into them right now. Oh and if they’re going to ban each username at a time I can strictly go on multiple computers (I have the resources) to make several usernames at once from multiple discrete IP addresses.

Right...

Doer

#7 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

You see here's the deal Headmonkeys. I like you too. I've always have. I actually don't dislike all of the mods. Only the ones that take action upon me and others for no apparent reason. Although I have to assume every moderator here is a suspect when it came to deleting my posts which I do not like at all. I'm complaining about the warning/suspension because that was the line that was crossed. It was uncalled for. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was something I didn't participate in.

I am willing to walk away peacefully without anything more if I get the following:

1. An apology from EatChildren.
2. Removal of the Warning.

These aren't demands but a type of negotiation.
This is my signature.

G-Man Personal Aid

#8 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

My post got deleted. Awesome.

Just what Chomp stated. Irony at its best.

Post Maniac

#9 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:06 AM

View PostChomp, on Jan 6 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

You see here's the deal Headmonkeys. I like you too. I've always have. I actually don't dislike all of the mods. Only the ones that take action upon me and others for no apparent reason. Although I have to assume every moderator here is a suspect when it came to deleting my posts which I do not like at all. I'm complaining about the warning/suspension because that was the line that was crossed. It was uncalled for. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was something I didn't participate in.

I am willing to walk away peacefully without anything more if I get the following:

Why does the warning level matter to you? It's potentially the most unimportant thing. Hell I'm surprised that you think anything on this site is. I've been at 60% for like a year.

Doer

#10 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:09 AM

View PostNegroN, on Jan 6 2007, 11:06 PM, said:

Why does the warning level matter to you? It's potentially the most unimportant thing. Hell I'm surprised that you think anything on this site is. I've been at 60% for like a year.

It's not only that... As I've stated in my piece, the whole point of this is to show rogue moderation in action. Apparently some people have already been victim of this right now if you look at Kirby's post. It's out of control.
This is my signature.

G-Man Personal AIDS

#11 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:09 AM

You've been here for as long as I can remember, and a lot of times, people get away with flaming, even mods, I remember.

It's sad how Mr. Eat decided to single you out, but you shouldn't really have been flaming in the first place.

I do think, however, that we veterans with 1000+ posts are being a bit rude to newcomers, who are just try to reach out to us, like h0t_sauc3.

edit: Konan still hasn't removed the warning he gave me for some posts in the stupidity thread. I'd just noticed that the image was too big and was shrinking it when he gave me the warning. Now he barely comes to the site and I'm stuck at 20%. Even MJC's warning he took away after 2 months.
[ sig removed: image(s) larger than 400x80 or 60kb (see discussion rules) ]

#12 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:09 AM

I'm not going to take this seriously until someone links me to what he where he was "flaming and spamming." Otherwise, I'm going with Dan Forge.

#13 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:10 AM

View PostChomp, on Jan 6 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

So its your pride that you're worried about? I think in the end you will regret making this thread.

#14 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:10 AM

It's not the fact that you're angry about what you perceive as an injustice that was handed out to you that makes this stupid, it's the pathetic way you're going about protesting. You're playing it up like you wield some kind of power and are getting way into this whole "I'm a political prisoner" *******. Get over it. It's a freaking internet forum that you were temporarily banned from. Perhaps if you had pled your case in a mature manner instead of making a big ******* deal over it I'd be tempted to agree with you.
What oak tree?
Lead Singer and Cowbell Player for Robots With P.M.S.

Post Maniac

#15 Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

View PostChomp, on Jan 6 2007, 11:09 PM, said:

It's not only that... As I've stated in my piece, the whole point of this is to show rogue moderation in action. Apparently some people have already been victim of this right now if you look at Kirby's post. It's out of control.

I've been accused of that, so I'd rather you have a chat with Eatchildren and talk this ish out with him. There's times where he probably misunderstood what you meant, or you typed something that means more to him than to you. The "rogue moderation" thing is something I'd have to disagree with, I'd been accused of that too much to just agree with you on that.

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users