Half-Life Fallout: The Real effects of FlashBangs - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Real effects of FlashBangs

Citadel Elite Guard

#1 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

Ok I was recently playing cs when some guy started to complain about the flashbangs saying they lasted to long, and I said I remember watching a show on the history channel that flashbangs/ percussion grenades can actually cause people to black out and loose consciousness. And others may become nauseous. I also said that you would probably see spots for at least a couple of hours. Itís like looking at the sun through binoculars.
He countered me by saying he was in special operations in the army and flashbangs hardly affect people.

Well this got me thinking what are the real effects of Flashbangs and percussion grenades so I googled it and can not find anything helpful.

Does anyone know the real effects of Flashbangs?

G-Man Personal Aid

#2 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:40 PM

while i dont know the true effects of flashbangs, the line between reality and playibility has to be drawn... i tihnk they are fine as they are. if you are not fast enough to look away, you will get the full effect of the flash and stay blind for like 10 seconds or whatever it is.
Waiting patiently for HL3Ö

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:40 PM

HAH, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. You are blind for like 2 mins after that it akes quite a while for your vision to come right back. Many people are nausious, have slower reflexes and still have impaired vision for about an hour afterwards.
Posted Image
XBL Gamer Tag = vortex000
PSN User Name = vortex000

omgpotato

#4 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:44 PM

Flashbangs can kill
Posted Image

Citadel Elite Guard

#5 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:46 PM

Well, it has more of an effect on your Hearing than your vision...

They cause your ear-drums to ring so loud that you will probably lose your balance and fall over. If a flashbang goes off too close to someone, it could potentially kill them.

Citadel Elite Guard

#6 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:49 PM

Diddo, this guy is a moron. flashbangs are alot more effective in real life. Prolly just some little flamer.

Alien Slave

#7 Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

well I wont complain anyways..
CSS is a way better flashbang wise then 1.5 LOL!!

If they put the real affect people will be like WTF IM knocked out how does the game know how i will react!! or
aww im blinded untill round ends..

I wont see 3 ghosts.. MERRY CHRISTMASS

Combine Trooper

#8 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

I think Rainbow Six 3 had the best flashbang effects

Icon

#9 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

flashbangs can seriously injure you in real life, especially if you are wearing nightvison. Because the nightvision emplifies all the light you see, the flash would be burned to your retina and you would become permanently blind.
[ sig removed: image(s) larger than 400x80 or 60kb (see discussion rules) ]

#10 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

You had it pretty much right, that guys a dumbass and has probably never even seen the inside of a army base. Just some nerd 12 year old pretending he's cool.

I dont know about blacking out, but those things are powerful, i dont think they'd be used by SWAT teams etc if they "hardly affected" people. Rediculous.

flashbangs can seriously injure you in real life, especially if you are wearing nightvison. Because the nightvision emplifies all the light you see, the flash would be burned to your retina and you would become permanently blind.

Dude, my math teacher brought his air force night vision goggles into school today and let us look through them. Those things are sweet!

G-Man Personal Aid

#11 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:12 PM

motard, on Dec 17 2004, 11:00 PM, said:

I think Rainbow Six 3 had the best flashbang effects

They also had the best tear gas effects. Remember that? The whole screen would just become a swirling mass of green or whatever you were looking at, really hazzy sh*t. Made me dizzy once.

Freedom Fighter

#12 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:13 PM

My mate has a nightvision goggle (only one eye piece :D) and its fscking awesome

Anyways flashbangs are as people have described. My big brother was in the T.A (territorial army) and they got tested to get shown what flashbangs are like and he said he felt sick 2 hours later and couldn't stand up for about 10 minutes.......they are seriously, seriously dangerous

#13 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:14 PM

If a flashbang goes off too close to someone, it could potentially kill them.

I dont know about that. Maybe if you put it right next to someones head or something, but the point of flashbangs is that they're a non-lethal method of disabling enemies. Like in Rainbow Six three with the hostages, you want to stun the captors but keep the hosties alive. If they wanted death they'd just use a frag grenade, or an HE grenade or whatever the hell they're calling them these days.

Frag Out!

Freedom Fighter

#14 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

HobGadling, on Dec 17 2004, 11:14 PM, said:

If a flashbang goes off too close to someone, it could potentially kill them.

I dont know about that. Maybe if you put it right next to someones head or something, but the point of flashbangs is that they're a non-lethal method of disabling enemies. Like in Rainbow Six three with the hostages, you want to stun the captors but keep the hosties alive. If they wanted death they'd just use a frag grenade, or an HE grenade or whatever the hell they're calling them these days.

Frag Out!

lol it could potentially kill them if ythey're walking along a wooden beam over a bottomless canyon!

City 17 Civilian

#15 Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:25 PM

mipac, on Dec 17 2004, 11:09 PM, said:

I don't think it would hurt you if you were wearing nightvision...
It's like looking at the sun through a video camera. It doesn't hurt your eyes because the sun is only as bright as the screen can display. Same deal with nightvision. The whole screen would go white, sure, but it wouldn't burn your retinas.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users