Half-Life Fallout: Anybody know Hondo? - Half-Life Fallout

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anybody know Hondo? ( creator of Endless Rain )



Citadel Elite Guard

Posts: 1,387

#1 Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

i miss her style, i miss her maps, i miss her secrets, i miss her eastereggs, i miss her everything.
Somebody PLEASE tell me she's still around and mapping. if no, at least tell me where i can get her old maps. i have Endless Rain 1 2 and 3 for HL1...but i'm curious if she's done others. My favorite part wasn't playing through the levels in multiplayer, but wandering through them by myself, finding all those sweet eastereggs and creepy secrets!!
( these maps gave me goosebumps, i kid you not )

if you haven't played these maps before, you NEED to. They are to DiE for...however, you need the original HL to play them methinks.

-Kawai Tei-



Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

Posts: 5,537

#2 Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

cant say i ever heard of her, i was primarily in the unreal mapping scene around that time, Knox is my idol
Posted Image



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 2,150

#3 Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:15 AM

Never saw her, would like to try that map though.



City 17 Civilian

Posts: 4

#4 Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

You might try asking over on the AHL message boards, since Hondo used to hang around there. (Did several maps for AQ2 and AHL.)

(Are you sure s/he was female?)



Citadel Elite Guard

Posts: 1,387

#5 Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:47 AM

Rof, on Feb 5 2005, 01:40 AM, said:

You might try asking over on the AHL message boards, since Hondo used to hang around there. (Did several maps for AQ2 and AHL.)

(Are you sure s/he was female?)

Oh yeah. She is a she.
in one of her maps, she hid her face. She's real good at hiding stuff and making cool easter eggs. in the first Endless Rain, if you press a button on one side of the map, a locked door will unlock for about 10 seconds. if you haul arse across the map or set up a bot to do it, you can enter the door. Down the hallway, there's a lobby and a soda machine. if you pick the right soda, you can drink it and it'll teleport you someplace, if you drink the wrong one you'll die. After that you'll be taken to a room with two doors. One door goes nowhere except into a HUGE green void. The other goes into a solid, lime-green maze. if you make it through, there's another portal. Walk into it and you'll be pulled into this HUGE virtual vaccume. At the end of the tunnel, you'll be teleported into a bedroom...except it's spinning around. After about 15 minutes of stumbling around, if you manage to fling yourself out the door, you'll fall into this really big, open room, you'll fall in slow motion, down down down closer to this image of a cute goth chick, sitting at her desk. THiS is Hondo.

There's a little bit more to it then that, but if i share all the rest of the stuff, it'll psoil the whole inchilada. The readme files that come with the maps give subtle hints and there are subliminal messages hidden everywhere. it's actually quite trippy.

-Kawai Tei-



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 2,469

#6 Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:52 AM

I remember the old AHL map with the gas station. Hell, the easter egg was bigger than the normal map itself. You had to shoot a sign through a small window, and jump on a spot seconds later, which teleported you into a bloddy shaking vertigo. After navigating down, you were plummeted into darkness, only to swim downwards into Hondo's Bank. There, you waited for the elevator which broke while decending, dropping you into a gigantic acidic pit, which you could only escape by breaking through a living barrier. Once done, you have to navigate an underwater maze (in the dark), in which one would easily drown. Finally, you would arrive at the Mapper's house in a strange Netherworld, with homes floating in midair in a neverending scape of scifi suburbia.

Hondo was truely a legend. I hope she went on to something great.



Citadel Elite Guard

Posts: 1,387

#7 Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:53 AM

Wiggle987, on Feb 5 2005, 12:14 AM, said:

cant say i ever heard of her, i was primarily in the unreal mapping scene around that time, Knox is my idol

i've played my fair share of Knox maps...but most of them didn't work for some reason or another. *shrugs*
Oh, and i noticed your signature finally. The "Bring Back Enigma Campaign"?? Please, do tell...

-Kawai Tei-



Citadel Elite Guard

Posts: 1,387

#8 Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:56 AM

MedicDance, on Feb 5 2005, 02:52 AM, said:

I remember the old AHL map with the gas station. Hell, the easter egg was bigger than the normal map itself. You had to shoot a sign through a small window, and jump on a spot seconds later, which teleported you into a bloddy shaking vertigo. After navigating down, you were plummeted into darkness, only to swim downwards into Hondo's Bank. There, you waited for the elevator which broke while decending, dropping you into a gigantic acidic pit, which you could only escape by breaking through a living barrier. Once done, you have to navigate an underwater maze (in the dark), in which one would easily drown. Finally, you would arrive at the Mapper's house in a strange Netherworld, with homes floating in midair in a neverending scape of scifi suburbia.

Hondo was truely a legend. I hope she went on to something great.

AHL?? Please excuse my ingorance, but what is it?

-Kawai Tei-



Citadel Elite Guard

Posts: 1,387

#9 Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:59 AM

Tei, on Feb 5 2005, 02:56 AM, said:

MedicDance, on Feb 5 2005, 02:52 AM, said:

I remember the old AHL map with the gas station.  Hell, the easter egg was bigger than the normal map itself.  You had to shoot a sign through a small window, and jump on a spot seconds later, which teleported you into a bloddy shaking vertigo.  After navigating down, you were plummeted into darkness, only to swim downwards into Hondo's Bank.  There, you waited for the elevator which broke while decending, dropping you into a gigantic acidic pit, which you could only escape by breaking through a living barrier.  Once done, you have to navigate an underwater maze (in the dark), in which one would easily drown. Finally, you would arrive at the Mapper's house in a strange Netherworld, with homes floating in midair in a neverending scape of scifi suburbia.

Hondo was truely a legend.  I hope she went on to something great.

AHL?? Please excuse my ingorance, but what is it?

-Kawai Tei-

OH OH OH!! ACTiON Half Life, i see, i see. So, where can i find a page of all of Hondo's maps? ME WANT MORE!!

-Kawai Tei-



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 2,469

#10 Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

Tei, on Feb 4 2005, 08:56 PM, said:

MedicDance, on Feb 5 2005, 02:52 AM, said:

I remember the old AHL map with the gas station.  Hell, the easter egg was bigger than the normal map itself.  You had to shoot a sign through a small window, and jump on a spot seconds later, which teleported you into a bloddy shaking vertigo.  After navigating down, you were plummeted into darkness, only to swim downwards into Hondo's Bank.  There, you waited for the elevator which broke while decending, dropping you into a gigantic acidic pit, which you could only escape by breaking through a living barrier.  Once done, you have to navigate an underwater maze (in the dark), in which one would easily drown. Finally, you would arrive at the Mapper's house in a strange Netherworld, with homes floating in midair in a neverending scape of scifi suburbia.

Hondo was truely a legend.  I hope she went on to something great.

AHL?? Please excuse my ingorance, but what is it?

-Kawai Tei-

Action Half Life, its the mod most people know Hondo For. He/She made plenty of maps for it. AHL was the successor to Action Quake II. You did stunts with guns and kung fu.



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 2,920

#11 Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:12 AM

I've never heard about Hondo before, but from what you guys said, she seems like a pretty freaking awesome mapper.



Hupsakee!

Posts: 20,688

Icon

#12 Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:09 AM

*goes to search for hondo's maps right away instead of going to sleep because its 1 AM & has to wake up early*

well I did find a few things on this site...
just ctrl + F "hondo" on it...
NB: I haven't tried them out yet...
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset



G-Man Personal Aid

Posts: 1,825

#13 Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:05 AM

Hondo? huh?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users