Half-Life Fallout: Source a separate game? - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Source a separate game?

Lab worker

#1 Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:37 PM

I heard that CS:C will come with HL2 as multipayer. Or will the source be a separate game?

City 17 Civilian

#2 Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

I dunno wats CS:C is but if ur talkin about CS:S then yes, it comes with Half-Life 2.

It is also confirmed that you could buy CS:S seperately for those who arn't interested in purchasing HL2.

Combine Elite Pilot

#3 Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

This has been stated MANY times, use the search.

CS: Source will be shipped with HL2 and CS:S can also be bought seperatly

G-Man Personal Aid

#4 Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure with steam when you buy hl2, Cs:Source will be enabled. But I'm not sure how they'll do it with the retail version.

Combine Trooper

#5 Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:03 AM

CS:S is going to be on a seperate disk.

Prowler

#6 Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:11 AM

i wonder if people will be stupid enough to just buy CS:Source.....i mean unless CS:Source is cheaper its just plain idiotic to buy CS:S retail.

Metro. Enforcer

#7 Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:22 PM

True, but the real question is who wouldn't be interested in HL2 . . . it's only the biggest, most-anticipated game event I can remember!

Citadel Elite Guard

#8 Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:28 PM

Half Life 2 is already finished but they are waiting on CS:S Beta until its OK to ship with HL2 IMO.

City 17 Civilian

#9 Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:51 PM

Plan3t_95, on Sep 1 2004, 12:11 AM, said:

i wonder if people will be stupid enough to just buy CS:Source.....i mean unless CS:Source is cheaper its just plain idiotic to buy CS:S retail.

I actually know a few people who are plannin on buying just the CS:S standalone version. Mainly becuase they have other stuff to worry about, (work, school, gf/family...) but still occansionaly play some CS. I wouldn't call them stupid cuz they bought CS:S since we know that it is cheaper then the HL2 package, and maybe they'll spend the $$ they saved on other assets. But then again, if CS:S is only cheaper for about $10, then yeah.... stupid.

Citadel Elite Guard

#10 Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:52 PM

GaussGunner, on Sep 2 2004, 03:28 PM, said:

Half Life 2 is already finished but they are waiting on CS:S Beta until its OK to ship with HL2 IMO.

done? how do you know for sure?

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#11 Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:57 PM

IMO is an abbrevation for "in my opinion".
Yes, the way he built the sentence makes it seem like his opinion is that they are waiting for the CS:S Beta to end (after finding and squashing sufficient bugs) but he actually meant that the whole sentence is his opinion, in my opinion. Maybe he should have wrote:
In my opinion, HL2 is finished but they're waiting with CS:S Beta until it'd be ok to ship with HL2. :)

I asked on another Forum and they told me that if I buy the non-collector's edition (they won't ship to Israel) HL2, the one that is only HL2, I can download CS:S for free. I'll ask again here, since CS is now officialy owned by VALVe, will it be free like HL1 CS?
Posted Image
We do what we must because we can.

G-Man Personal Aid

#12 Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

I wonder if they will make CS:S a seperate game for people who dont wanna play Half-Life, just CS:S

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users