Half-Life Fallout: Half Life 2: Aftermath cover.. - Half-Life Fallout

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half Life 2: Aftermath cover.. I found that...

Freedom Fighter

#1 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

Well I was browsing of an Israely game store, and found that:
Posted Image
It is small but recognizeble...
They also say it would cost 150 NIS wich is 32 $ but since it israel and everything is expensive here itll cost 20 every where else...

News Poster

#2 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. No, make that a slab of salt. It's obviously fake becuase it's been rated, yet hasn't actually been finished yet.

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

Yes it makes sense that Alyx is on the cover as the game is focusing on her. Nice find and very nice cover.

View Postripcurl682, on Feb 2 2006, 11:07 PM, said:

It's obviously fake becuase it's been rated, yet hasn't actually been finished yet.

Good point, still it looks nice.

Combine Trooper

#4 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

I'm dying to get it, but will it also expand on some multiplayer features? Or is it just a single player expansion? Sorry if this has been covered before, but everything i've read so far makes it seem like just a single player expansion pack....(which is still cool with me, i wanna see wth happens after that cliffhanger ending).

#5 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:16 PM

I fixed the title. Though IMO, that cover, though obviously bogus, is pretty boring. I don't give two s**ts about Alyx, and I sure as hell don't want her to be featured so prominently on the cover. Granted I'll most likely buy through Steam.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#6 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

mmph. Cover isnt overwhelming.

G-Man Personal Aid

#7 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

Like stated before, it's probably fake.
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#8 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

meh, not the greatest cover, if it even is The cover.

Citadel Elite Guard

#9 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:53 PM

View Postripcurl682, on Feb 2 2006, 05:07 PM, said:

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. No, make that a slab of salt. It's obviously fake becuase it's been rated, yet hasn't actually been finished yet.

For all intents and purposes, the game is finished. If Gabe Newell can claim to have played through it in 3 or however many hours, it's done. They need to tweak and test it, yes, but the content is finished. Therefore it can be rated.

View PostMoZqUiTo, on Feb 2 2006, 05:11 PM, said:

I'm dying to get it, but will it also expand on some multiplayer features? Or is it just a single player expansion? Sorry if this has been covered before, but everything i've read so far makes it seem like just a single player expansion pack....(which is still cool with me, i wanna see wth happens after that cliffhanger ending).

It is just a single-player expansion. It -will- include HLDM:Source, though (that's Half-Life Deathmatch... as in the first half-life), according to someone at Valve.

There will be more work done on HL2DM when certain people finish with certain projects.

Citadel Elite Guard

#10 Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:55 PM

View PostLucid003, on Feb 2 2006, 02:53 PM, said:

For all intents and purposes, the game is finished. If Gabe Newell can claim to have played through it in 3 or however many hours, it's done. They need to tweak and test it, yes, but the content is finished. Therefore it can be rated.

Yes but as we all know Valve are a bunch of lying bastards.

#11 Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

View PostLucid003, on Feb 2 2006, 11:53 PM, said:

For all intents and purposes, the game is finished. If Gabe Newell can claim to have played through it in 3 or however many hours, it's done.

When did Gabe say he played through it in 3 hours?

News Poster

#12 Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

View PostHumbug, on Feb 2 2006, 07:27 PM, said:

When did Gabe say he played through it in 3 hours?

About 4-5 months ago. The game is not finished, hasn't gone gold and therefore cannot be sent off to be rated.

#13 Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

Well yeah, must be fake and I think its a crappy cover.

Although the game features Alyx its about Gordon.

Must just be their made up cover so they can sell it now.
I used to have something good here, I'm sure of it......

XBL - Pillsy19
PSN - Pillsy

#14 Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

View PostPillsy, on Feb 3 2006, 12:50 AM, said:

Although the game features Alyx its about Gordon.

HL2 featured Alyx, in this game you will have Alyx with you throughout and one of the design goals is to bring in new and innovative ways to interact with her. HL2 would have worked without her, she was not important to the story or gameplay, its totally different this time.

Moderator Emeritus

#15 Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

The cover is obviously fake as was stated before. As for the game itself, I don't really care about the cover as I will be purchasing it via Steam. :cool
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users