Half-Life Fallout: Opinions: My Homepage - Half-Life Fallout

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opinions: My Homepage

Combine Elite Pilot

#1 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

I couldn't find any official "show of my homepage thread", so I posted this in a new thread instead.

What I want is opinions, good or bad, about my homepage.
I've made it myself with photoshop and notepad (and a camera).

What's good about it? What's not good? Is it ugly? Is it hard to navigate?
..and so on.

Here's the URL:
My Webpage

Enter the english version, if your english :)

Thanx in advance for all comments!

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#2 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

Look pretty cool :8

I like the layout of it, its nice and simple.
I used to have something good here, I'm sure of it......

XBL - Pillsy19
PSN - Pillsy

Citadel Elite Guard

#3 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:10 PM

Nice and simple layout on your site, gets a little cramped at times but otherwise its pretty good!
Software/Systems Engineer @ TwitPic/Heello
My Website | Twitter

Combine Elite Pilot

#4 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

Thanx pillsy.

Yeah MeltingIcs I've seen your page before =)
Looks really good, but I think those "Sig-like" links (Terra Nuts and those) use a little to much of the graphical space.

I think your page would be nicer with a little more air to the right. Just my opinion though =)

Citadel Elite Guard

#5 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:13 PM

View PostOsirri, on Feb 7 2006, 12:12 PM, said:

Thanx pillsy.

Yeah MeltingIcs I've seen your page before =)
Looks really good, but I think those "Sig-like" links (Terra Nuts and those) use a little to much of the graphical space.

I think your page would be nicer with a little more air to the right. Just my opinion though =)

Yea I just added those last night, maybe I'll make them a little smaller when I get the chance :smile
Software/Systems Engineer @ TwitPic/Heello
My Website | Twitter

#6 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

Nice use of IFRAMES. The language selection page could do with a re-working, but I'm loving the actual main site.

Good Job!

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#7 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

I don't like the main text in the frames, the rest looks good though

Combine Elite Pilot

#8 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Thanx Electrode and City 17, I will definitely take your opinions in consideration!

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#9 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

View PostOsirri, on Feb 7 2006, 12:40 PM, said:

Thanx Electrode and City 17, I will definitely take your opinions in consideration!

for some reason I just said text instead of font, it might be just the computers at college but it is very jagged and hard to read

Combine Elite Pilot

#10 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

Aha, City 17, I know some people that get that error on my page, but it shouldn't be like that. It's normal verdana. I am looking into why some people can't view it correcty.

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#11 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:52 PM

View PostOsirri, on Feb 7 2006, 12:46 PM, said:

Aha, City 17, I know some people that get that error on my page, but it shouldn't be like that. It's normal verdana. I am looking into why some people can't view it correcty.

yeah this is what I see if it helps you out

Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#12 Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

Yes I've seen that :/ hmm...

this is how it should look like:
Posted Image

edit:
I gotta go, I'll be back tonight and see what more opinions you guys been posting.

Thanx!! It's really helpful.

#13 Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

Your splash page needs a lot of work. The image is way too big, and I have to scroll down a bit to enter the site, which is never a good thing. You'll want to make browsing the site fun and easy, so shrink the image (make it a bit better quality too) and re-structure the splash page.

Now, don't even get me started on the main page. Firstly, you totally failed validation, so technically the site shouldn't be on the internet. Secondly, never ever NEVER use an iFrame. I know it might be a conveniant way to add content to a site, but it's not supported and it breaks everything that is humanly possible to break.

I highly suggest you learn some CSS and try and recode the site. :tongue If you need any help just ask me and I'll try my best.
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#14 Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

View PostRetro_X, on Feb 7 2006, 04:07 PM, said:

Your splash page needs a lot of work. The image is way too big, and I have to scroll down a bit to enter the site, which is never a good thing. You'll want to make browsing the site fun and easy, so shrink the image (make it a bit better quality too) and re-structure the splash page.

Now, don't even get me started on the main page. Firstly, you totally failed validation, so technically the site shouldn't be on the internet. Secondly, never ever NEVER use an iFrame. I know it might be a conveniant way to add content to a site, but it's not supported and it breaks everything that is humanly possible to break.

I highly suggest you learn some CSS and try and recode the site. :tongue If you need any help just ask me and I'll try my best.

how has Google and Hl fallout failed it to?! :o

and so did 07 designs :w00t

#15 Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

View PostCity 17, on Feb 7 2006, 08:44 AM, said:

how has Google and Hl fallout failed it to?! :o

and so did 07 designs :w00t

Look at his error, it couldn't even start the validation. 07Designs.com only has 4 errors, 3 of them being no atlernative text which I can fix but I'm a bit too lazy.

As for Google.com, they didn't specify a Doctype, so the validator cannot check it. You'll have to manually enter the doctype in the field and then validate it.

HLFallout...don't even get me started :tongue
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users