Half-Life Fallout: What Are You Listening To V.2.0 - Half-Life Fallout

• (466 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Are You Listening To V.2.0

#1 Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:35 PM

As you all know, the previous incarnation of this thread has been closed. This new thread will hopefully improve upon the old and bring to the table new things as well.

The basis of this thread is the same. It is essentially asking 'what are you listening to right now'. But instead of just posting the song and band name, we're asking for a little more. Things you can add to your post are why you like them, stories relating to the band, shows been to, records owned. More personal stuff, not just wikipedia info. You can recommend tracks, CDs, videos etc. And hopefully this will all bring about more discussion and less spam posts. Also feel free to post whatever other info on the band you want, that you think people will enjoy.

Clearly things can still go wrong, yet I hope this isn't the case. We don't have any iron clad rules as of yet, but we don't want this to turn into people just posting random info they copied from another site. You can either post info on a band you enjoy or continue discussion about another band, or debate and argue (to an extent as always). Our hopes are that this thread turns into a great place for musical discussion whatever the genre.

For the first while this will be a thread in progress, and the progress of it clearly depends on how many people use it.

With that, I hope things go well and enjoy everyone!

EDIT: The main rule that must be followed is no posts stating just the song and band name. Such posts will be, and have been, deleted.

HLF's Official FAIL

#2 Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

finally the "what are you listening to RIGHT NOW" thread has gotten a badly needed renovation.
Posted Image

Combine Trooper

#3 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:01 PM

Unfortunately I'm listening to Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer, but only because my housemate has it cranked up and my door's open :(

In a cheesy nightclub setting, that song is secks, but any other time - any other time - it is simply unacceptable. Thank you and good night.

Mass Murderer of Billions or Possibly Trillions of NPCs

#4 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

I'm listening to Death Cab for Cutie. At first I didn't really like their music, but then it grew on me. To me it sounds like a mix of Indie Rock and General Rock. The melodies are simple and clean, and can relax you after a long day of work or school. This music is good around the campfire with friends, or with close family members.

Official Death Cab For Cutie Website with Free Music

Posted Image

The reason why I started to like them is because i saw them on the OC season 2, which was a very good plug for them. If they ever come to Buffalo, I would definetely see them.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the World xxxxxxxxxXBL:Dandan Manchild sssssss Steam ID: WARPED

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#5 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

View Postz0ltar, on May 25 2006, 12:01 PM, said:

Unfortunately I'm listening to Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer, but only because my housemate has it cranked up and my door's open :(

In a cheesy nightclub setting, that song is secks, but any other time - any other time - it is simply unacceptable. Thank you and good night.

Bon Jovi is on my hit-list.

I loathe him with every fiber of my being.
What oak tree?
Lead Singer and Cowbell Player for Robots With P.M.S.

#6 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

Whaat!!!! WHY?!??!?!

4ever - The Veronicas

Woot first 'what im listening to'! :):
Posted Image
- Irregularity Complex -

#7 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

I am now listening to a live recording of Song for the Dead by Queens of the Stone Age. This is a great band, as I've realized since I now have their discography. I recommend it for anyone into this sort of music.

http://www.last.fm/m...f+the+Stone+Age

#8 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

I'm listening to Songs For The Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age. I think it's one of the better albums of this decade. Nothing extremely creative or flashy, it's relatively straightforward rock n' roll. Great stuff that I'd recommend to anyone who just wants to rock out.

Edit-Holy *******, that's weird Stryker. I didn't even see you post that before I posted this.
What oak tree?

#9 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

View PostRaul78, on May 25 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

I'm listening to Songs For The Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age. I think it's one of the better albums of this decade. Nothing extremely creative or flashy, it's relatively straightforward rock n' roll. Great stuff that I'd recommend to anyone who just wants to rock out.

Edit-Holy *******, that's weird Stryker. I didn't even see you post that before I posted this.

Holy crap indeed, I didnt notice this either. We must be like....long lost brothers or something.

#10 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

View PostStrykerZ, on May 25 2006, 12:18 PM, said:

Holy crap indeed, I didnt notice this either. We must be like....long lost brothers or something.

We must establish a mental link.
What oak tree?

#11 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

View PostRaul78, on May 25 2006, 12:20 PM, said:

We must establish a mental link.

For the hive.

Anyway, I'm listening to Hispanic Impressions - Queens of the Stone Age. Awesome band.

Moderator Emeritus

#12 Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:50 PM

Not a bad start to the thread, although some of you could do a better job. I just wanted to add that we will not tolerate the old posts of song name and artist. So basically, make your post(s) count.

As for me, I'm at work, so I am not listening to anything at the moment. :cry:
Posted Image

Citadel Elite Guard

#13 Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

All Star - Smash Mouth

I heard this one in the Shrek movie, and I've liked it ever since.
I haven't really heard anything else from Smash Mouth (exept for the other stuff in the movie), but I really like this one.

Edit: I hope that was a valid post for this thread ;)

Hupsakee!

Icon

#14 Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

I'm listening to That's life, by James Brown.
It's the kinfd of song that shows that most contamporary pop music has gone far far downhill...
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

G-Man Personal Aid

#15 Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

Confined by As I Lay Dying

I listen to their stuff a lot because they have awesome double-bassage - who says Christian music is all happy clappy? :P
Not been to see them yet as I don't think they've ever been over here (UK) before :(

Tea's out so I gotta stop typing...laters.
Posted Image

• (466 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users