Half-Life Fallout: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Sound problems - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Sound problems Please help

Citadel Elite Guard

#1 Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

Hi,

I know there is an official Oblivion thread but just wanted to ask it quickly so I could get this sorted.

I got major sound problems with oblivion and I'm not sure if this is due to my game, hardware, software or the patch I downloaded. (I dowloaded the v1.511 UK patch).

Basically what happens is when I look at any character in the game their voice fades, then when I look away their voice comes into clarity again. Also, when enemies are near me or fighting me, random music pops in, then when they die it dissapears. What the hell is going on?

Someone please help me, this game looks pretty cool btw.
Posted Image
| "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow" | Gamertag: Nature™ |

News Poster

#2 Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

Sounds like you have surround sound turned on but only 2 speakers..

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:55 PM

Well the enemy music is normal.
[signature deleted: image larger than 400x80 pixels or 60kb]

Citadel Elite Guard

#4 Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:04 PM

View Postripcurl682, on Nov 22 2006, 06:53 PM, said:

Sounds like you have surround sound turned on but only 2 speakers..

I do have 5.1 surround sound, but it works OK with all other games and there no option to turn that off in oblivion, just the volume. Little more info please rip

View PostBox, on Nov 22 2006, 06:55 PM, said:

Well the enemy music is normal.

Really? It sounds extremely buggy, like its suddenly turned off - without amy fade

Is it the patch I downloaded perhaps? Should I have downloaded v1.1 or something?
Posted Image
| "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow" | Gamertag: Nature™ |

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#5 Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

View PostNatur3_, on Nov 22 2006, 08:51 PM, said:

I know there is an official Oblivion thread but just wanted to ask it quickly so I could get this sorted.

Rippy, I'm ashamed. Here's what you should've done:
We have order in these forums. It is regulated by administrators, moderators and the vox populi of the forums. They all abide by the rules of discussion which you should generally know and understand. Some rules are unwritten but expected to be known by every single user of these forums.
I hope you got the point. If I was too subtle, try this: Nobody cares how quickly you want this sorted, you're not more important than all the other users of this forum, and knowingly ignoring topic of discussion for your convenience is putting yourself above everybody else as if the rules of conduct don't apply to you. Change your behavior or I'm afraid I'll have to smack you with a trout.
Posted Image
We do what we must because we can.

Combine Trooper

#6 Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

I'm having problems with that patch as well, I think I'll just reinstall and put the 1.1 patch on instead.

Citadel Elite Guard

#7 Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

View PostBreserk, on Nov 22 2006, 07:43 PM, said:

Rippy, I'm ashamed. Here's what you should've done:
We have order in these forums. It is regulated by administrators, moderators and the vox populi of the forums. They all abide by the rules of discussion which you should generally know and understand. Some rules are unwritten but expected to be known by every single user of these forums.
I hope you got the point. If I was too subtle, try this: Nobody cares how quickly you want this sorted, you're not more important than all the other users of this forum, and knowingly ignoring topic of discussion for your convenience is putting yourself above everybody else as if the rules of conduct don't apply to you. Change your behavior or I'm afraid I'll have to smack you with a trout.

Honestly......... get a life :tongue
Posted Image

#8 Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

Closed for aforementioned reasons. I also have the same problem occasionally if it's any consolation.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users