Half-Life Fallout: Battlefield, the games, the franchise - Half-Life Fallout

• (113 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefield, the games, the franchise 1942, vietnam, 2, 2142, 1943, BC, BC2, heroes, P4F, 3, etc.

Mr. Frost

#1 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Battlefield 1943 Trailer

Also, Bad Company 2 is on the works. It's coming for the PC too!!

STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced Battlefield: Bad Company 2™, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster title. In this installment, the Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game. To get ready for the assault this winter, players can prepare for action in Battlefield 1943™, an all-new multiplayer game available this summer via PlayStation®Store, Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and on the PC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the ‘B’ company fight their way through snowy mountaintops, dense jungles and dusty villages. With a heavy arsenal of deadly weapons and a slew of vehicles to aid them, the crew set off on their mission and they are ready to blow up, shoot down, blast through, wipe out and utterly destroy anything that gets in their way. Total destruction is the name of the game, delivered as only the DICE next generation Frostbite™ engine can. Either online or offline, enemies will soon learn there is nowhere to hide. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PC.

Using the same Frostbite™ engine, Battlefield 1943 takes players back to WWII. The game offers endless hours of 24 player multiplayer action over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Delivering the award-winning through-the-gun and vehicle warfare online experience DICE is best recognized for, Battlefield 1943 will have players battling in ruthless aerial dog fights and intense trench combat. Players can see the game in action at New York Comic Con (Booth #1441) from February 6th-8th.

“Bad Company 2 takes everything that players liked in the original and ups the ante – more vehicles, more destruction and more team play,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Executive Producer Battlefield Franchise, DICE. “Battlefield 1943 is a new take on a blast from the past classic coming to life with brand new technology that we’re eager to get into players hands.”

To sign-up for the Battlefield Heroes™ beta, players can visit www.battlefield-heroes.com. For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se or www.ea.com. For more information on the Battlefield franchise please visit: www.battlefield.com.

I'm very excited. I love Battlefield games!

EDIT:

HLF : BFBC2
  • BillOwnz : BillOwnz
  • Bundai : Bundai
  • Cake21 : Cake21
  • Djogum : Djogum
  • FatFunkey : FatFunkey
  • Inimitable : Inimitable
  • Job_314 : Job314
  • Laughing Stoic : Laughing Stoic
  • neva- : NachoNeva-
  • Nihilius : Nihilius
  • MikeAndo : Quigley.Jones
  • Monkeh : Monkeh
  • Rambln : Rambln
  • Rykane : Rykane
  • Seraph : No0b240
  • ( sic ) : ( sic )

21st Century Schizoid Man

#2 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

oh thank god, i thought 1943 would be pc only.
Posted Image

Scholar and a Gentleman

#3 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

Ah was just about to create a thread myself. Seems you 1-upped me when it comes to attention whoring.

Anyway, I'm interested in 1943. Because from what I could tell that trailer showcased Wake Island and Wake Island was all I ever played when I used to be into BF1942. All I ever played.
[360 Gamertag] [Last.fm] [unikGamer] [PSN ID] [Steam] [Anime] [Discogs] [Criticker] 3DS: 4596-9700-4475

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#4 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

It is indeed Wake Island.

I'm really excited for this one, i absolutely love BF games and 1943 should be great. (Even if i was hoping for a modern setting again)

On Bad company 2, its nice to see this one come to PC i'll probably pick it up too.

EDIT: Actually I just saw 1943 is only 24 players? I hope thats consoles and that PC is 64 like normal.
[signature deleted: image larger than 400x80 pixels or 60kb]

#5 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

View PostBox, on Feb 5 2009, 12:23 PM, said:

EDIT: Actually I just saw 1943 is only 24 players? I hope thats consoles and that PC is 64 like normal.

i doubt a game that hinges on MP like battlefield 1942 would skip out on the chance of having 64 player battles.
Posted Image

#6 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Fallout Squad revival anyone?
Bring back Fallout Squad.

Mr. Frost

#7 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

View PostBox, on Feb 5 2009, 07:23 PM, said:

The game could be smaller scale (yeah I kinda doubt that) which would make it an obvious call. On the otherhand I sort of liked the smaller servers in BF2. Sometimes anyway. Made it less nade spam and more tactics. We'll see though.

#8 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

View Postswan_song1977, on Feb 5 2009, 05:32 PM, said:

i doubt a game that hinges on MP like battlefield 1942 would skip out on the chance of having 64 player battles.

Soldiers, it's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick your path - be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or ace fighter pilot dog fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of battle, whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.

Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and on PC for download. This gives players access to the famous action packed Battlefield gameplay quicker and easier than it's ever been. Play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlefield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!

By Land, Sea & Air!
Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best experiences in any multiplayer game to-date.

Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players
Play with 24 players online in three beautiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.

Frostbite-Enabled Destruction
Watch the beautiful Pacific Islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!

Through the Gun Experience
Use classic and iconic World War II infantry weapons with excellent feel to defeat your foes. Hit 'em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.

Click For Larger Versions

Posted Image
Posted Image

I do hope you're right swanny

Combine Elite Pilot

#9 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

It looks exactly like 1942. What is special about this new game?

#10 Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

View PostRighteous, on Feb 5 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

It looks exactly like 1942. What is special about this new game?

my bet is nothing but the engine and bigger maps.

View PostBox, on Feb 5 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

I do hope you're right swanny

same!
Posted Image

F%$k S%$t Stack

#11 Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

My blood is BOILING right now.

If this news is true, EA is officially ******* retarded when it comes to the BF franchise for the PC.

EDIT:

Clarification:

TWENTY-FOUR PLAYERS????????????

THREE MAPS????

REALLY, EA???

REALLY?????

Posted Image

The Scotsman - Moderator Emeritus

#12 Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

I don't mind if it is just 24 players, means that it will not lag my PC as much.
My old HLFallout username was"Kintaro"
FORMER HLF STAFF 30/08/2009 - 12/05/2012

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#13 Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

I agree, depending on map size, bf games should be around 24-32 max players. Anything more and you have disorder
Posted Image

#14 Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on Feb 5 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

I agree, depending on map size, bf games should be around 24-32 max players. Anything more and you have disorder

64 players on Gulf of Oman was great, Karkand was a bit too hectic. And what about the huge maps like Daqing Oilfields? You'd need 64 for that, hopefully they clarify on it though, i want my huge games.

Prowler

#15 Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

View PostTangoCharlie, on Feb 5 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

My blood is BOILING right now.

If this news is true, EA is officially ******* retarded when it comes to the BF franchise for the PC.

EDIT:

Clarification:

TWENTY-FOUR PLAYERS????????????

THREE MAPS????

REALLY, EA???

REALLY?????

Posted Image

I agree with you, pretty retarded. But oh well, I think we can blame the consoles for this *******

• (113 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users