• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Max Payne 3

Scholar and a Gentleman

#1 Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image
Max Payne 3 coming to Xbox 360, PS3, PC this winter

For all the things Mark Wahlberg has killed in his life -- The Happening, The Funky Bunch, The Happening Funky Bunch (short-lived kids show, don't ask) -- he's brought at least one thing back to life: The Max Payne series. His non-hit film adaptation will be followed by Max Payne 3, which Rockstar said will arrive in winter of this year on the 360, PS3 and PC.

Here's what Rockstar boss Sam Houser had to say about the sequel: "We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game. This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

We think we speak for everyone when we ask this. ... More cynical? Really? Like, is he just stealing candy from babies and choking them to death with the wrappers?

New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3.

[360 Gamertag] [Last.fm] [unikGamer] [PSN ID] [Steam] [Anime] [Discogs] [Criticker] 3DS: 4596-9700-4475

Mr. Frost

#2 Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

Does Remedy have anything to do with this?

Metro. Enforcer

#3 Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

It wasn't Wahlberg that was wrong with the movie, it was the story! The movie was slow and boring. They should never of veered from the games story so much. The original story had all the makings for a movie. Max Payne the file clerk? WTF?

Master of the Universe

#4 Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

View PostBundai, on Mar 23 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

Does Remedy have anything to do with this?

nope, their busy doing alan wake but they could be somehow helping the team to get it right

and yeah blame me for not creating a new thread - i know it's a big deal but i was lazy ^^"
PSN: MrCow / Wii: 7621 7891 1600 5933 / Steam: MrCow
Posted Image
Download my Portal | L4D map! | Chemical Alia's Page

Son of Brumi

#5 Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LEAVE IT TO REMEDY
Posted Image
SteamID: neva- :PSN

Mr. Frost

#6 Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

View PostMrCow, on Mar 23 2009, 03:52 PM, said:

nope

Meh. Alan Wake is all cool though, but Max Payne belongs to Remedy as well! Rockstar might just ******* it up.

I am a Lie

Icon

#7 Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I jizzed in my pants just now
Posted Image

Poison Piealicious

#8 Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm excited to hear that Max Payne 3 is coming and seeing as it will be released in the winter it's already in development for some time.
But I'm a bit bummed it's not by Remedy.
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#9 Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Cool. I remember the game, I believe more specifically the first one, had rather high replay value. I remember replaying the Matrix Lobby Fight Mod for the first game for hours on end, was so cool! And also all the slow-mo, damn even the Matrix games couldn't pull of the same style with such awesomeness.

Though, I am bit unsure where the story will go, I never seen the movie, but I don't remeber the second game having a cliff hanger or any sign of a story continuation. *shrugs* Hope it turns of good, and most importantly not a broken resource hog(GTA4, I am looking at your laggy unplayable *******).

Poison Piealicious

#10 Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

View PostTorrent, on Mar 23 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Cool. I remember the game, I believe more specifically the first one, had rather high replay value. I remember replaying the Matrix Lobby Fight Mod for the first game for hours on end, was so cool! And also all the slow-mo, damn even the Matrix games couldn't pull of the same style with such awesomeness.

Though, I am bit unsure where the story will go, I never seen the movie, but I don't remeber the second game having a cliff hanger or any sign of a story continuation. *shrugs* Hope it turns of good, and most importantly not a broken resource hog(GTA4, I am looking at your laggy unplayable *******).

It said at the end of MP 2 Max' journey to the night isn't over yet or something like that.
I think they're going with the Mona dies ending. From what I saw from the movie, is that it deviated quite a bit from the game.
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#11 Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

*******, You beat me to it. I was gonna post this on the forum. I can't wait for this game :w00t:

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#12 Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

**** YEAH!!!
Posted Image

Captain America

#13 Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

I like how they drastically change the look of Max Payne in each game.

Son of Brumi

#14 Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

Condemned 3
Posted Image
SteamID: neva- :PSN

The Scotsman - Moderator Emeritus

#15 Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

Read about this earlier today, I hope it lives up to MP1 and MP2.
My old HLFallout username was"Kintaro"
FORMER HLF STAFF 30/08/2009 - 12/05/2012

• (51 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users