• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Episode 3 in 2010? rumor

G-Men Personal Aid

#31 Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

I don't even think about Episode 3 anymore, quite honestly. I loved HL2 and Episodes 1 and 2 but I just gave up on wondering when Ep3 will come out. When it does, I'm sure it'll be good, especially considering how long it's been in development. I really wish Valve would focus more on Half Life rather than L4D and TF2 and whatnot. I mean, I love those games (especially TF2) but Half Life is what got me into this in the first place.

Son of Brumi

#32 Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

View Posttrapped, on 24 January 2010 - 10:07 PM, said:

I don't even think about Episode 3 anymore, quite honestly. I loved HL2 and Episodes 1 and 2 but I just gave up on wondering when Ep3 will come out. When it does, I'm sure it'll be good, especially considering how long it's been in development. I really wish Valve would focus more on Half Life rather than L4D and TF2 and whatnot. I mean, I love those games (especially TF2) but Half Life is what got me into this in the first place.

Now that l4d2 is out the way, im sure they've gone full steam ahead with episode 3
Posted Image
SteamID: neva- :PSN

Barney's Personal Aid

#33 Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the Source Engine doesn't need a huge overhaul? I still feel like the physics are top notch, I haven't played a game that compares.
Posted Image

Son of Brumi

#34 Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

View Postmattbro45, on 24 January 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Source Engine doesn't need a huge overhaul? I still feel like the physics are top notch, I haven't played a game that compares.

Well yeah... it is modular, updated constantly and it shows, l4d2 looks fantastic.

but, there are still a couple areas where it needs improving, imo the lighting engine needs an update, if they can manage that then source will look stunning.
Posted Image

Poison Piealicious

#35 Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

View Postneva-, on 24 January 2010 - 11:19 PM, said:

Well yeah... it is modular, updated constantly and it shows, l4d2 looks fantastic.

but, there are still a couple areas where it needs improving, imo the lighting engine needs an update, if they can manage that then source will look stunning.

The City17: Episode 1 mod seems to do some great things with lighting and shadows. It is possible.

To be honest there are some parts where the age is starting to show, but I've seen few games make use of physics and facial expressions like the source engine has.
I'm honestly disappointed that so many games have characters with wooden expressions while their models and textures are so much more detailed.
Posted Image

Barney's Personal Aid

#36 Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

I think the Source Engine beats all others in the facial expression category. I was just thinking about that when I started playing Mass Effect last night; something in that game just makes the facial movements look unnatural, whereas Source facial movement looks exactly as it should. The only other game that's coming to mind with good facial expressions was MW2. That's about the only thing that game did right.
Posted Image

Freedom Fighter

#37 Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

Don't forget Raindrop - http://www.moddb.com...-room#imagebox. Some of those areas look photorealistic in terms of lighting. Source certainly has the potential to be much better, but as shown by so many poor mods, it's easy to get it wrong.

I have every confidence in Valve though. I just wish they'd tell us something, anything, about what's happening other than 'we're working on it.'
Posted Image

G-Man Personal Aid

#38 Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

I don't really play modern games because of my crappy PC; but isn't the loading-times and the map sizes quite bad compared to other new games? It would be pretty nice if the next game (or HL3 or whatever) would be a seemless/streaming experience, but still with fixed maps and chapters of course.

And I think they should add something similar to the Euforia-engine and/or animations to the enemies when they get shot/injured. Sometimes it feels far to "stiff" when shooting enemies because none of the bullets effect the enemies except the killing shot obviously. I'm thinking something along the lines of what GoldenEye/Perfect Dark had.

And I want the AI to behave as well as they did in the E3-videos pre-HL2-release.

And I doubt I'll get any of these things.
Posted Image

Barney's Personal Aid

#39 Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

View PostSleeping Mind, on 24 January 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:

I don't really play modern games because of my crappy PC; but isn't the loading-times and the map sizes quite bad compared to other new games? It would be pretty nice if the next game (or HL3 or whatever) would be a seemless/streaming experience, but still with fixed maps and chapters of course.

And I think they should add something similar to the Euforia-engine and/or animations to the enemies when they get shot/injured. Sometimes it feels far to "stiff" when shooting enemies because none of the bullets effect the enemies except the killing shot obviously. I'm thinking something along the lines of what GoldenEye/Perfect Dark had.

And I want the AI to behave as well as they did in the E3-videos pre-HL2-release.

And I doubt I'll get any of these things.

I feel like all those things are pretty logical to ask for. I hadn't realized how well the AI behaved in the beta. Why can't more games be like that. I don't feel like they even did that in the final product of HL2.
Posted Image

Scholar and a Gentleman

#40 Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

View Posttrapped, on 24 January 2010 - 11:07 PM, said:

I don't even think about Episode 3 anymore

:o
[360 Gamertag] [Last.fm] [unikGamer] [PSN ID] [Steam] [Anime] [Discogs] [Criticker] 3DS: 4596-9700-4475

Son of Brumi

#41 Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

View PostSleeping Mind, on 25 January 2010 - 02:58 AM, said:

Loading times are very good in episode 2, probably quicker than most games out today
Posted Image

Freedom Fighter

#42 Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

If there making HL3 instead of Episode 3, it will be at least 2014 till we see anything :)

Combine Elite Pilot

#43 Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

I'm replaying all the half-life 2 series. At the moment im currently playing Episode 1.

HLF's Official FAIL

#44 Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

View Postmattbro45, on 24 January 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

GTAIV's physics were vastly superior to that of HL2's.
I feel the HL games are severely outdated graphically, I'm tired of seeing the same ruined city textures and that god forsaken grass texture that seems to be EVERYWHERE. I really hope Ep3 will look better. It needs to in order to compete with the other games bound to come out in 2087
Posted Image

Scholar and a Gentleman

#45 Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostSeraph, on 25 January 2010 - 11:14 PM, said:

GTAIV's physics were vastly superior to that of HL2's.
I feel the HL games are severely outdated graphically, I'm tired of seeing the same ruined city textures and that god forsaken grass texture that seems to be EVERYWHERE. I really hope Ep3 will look better. It needs to in order to compete with the other games bound to come out in 2087

So true. Every seasoned HL2 player can easily spot a Source texture from a mile away. Sure the latest version (used in Ep2) didn't look half bad but to compete with the rest of the crow and to satisfy us graphics whores we need something better.

NEW WATAR!
[360 Gamertag] [Last.fm] [unikGamer] [PSN ID] [Steam] [Anime] [Discogs] [Criticker] 3DS: 4596-9700-4475

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users