• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Amnesia The Dark Descent

Hupsakee!

Icon

#1 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

I've been dabbling a bit with this new indie game, and oh holy crap, it's the most atmospheric, creepy thing I've ever played.
And you're talking to a man who's laughed in the face of Resident evil, sneered at Doom 3, and chuckled at System Shock 2... I was petrified.

then again, my recent onset insomnia might have something to do with it.

This game is absolutely brilliant. In a nutshell, it's a 1st person exploring and puzzle solving game. Remember Penumbra? Yeah, it's the same team who made this.
But this time it goes above and beyond, or should it be below, meh. It goes Deeper and creepier into small dark places, driving your game character and you, the player insane over time. Now this is not a gem of incredible new gameplay ideas, insanity has been done before, even on Nintendo consoles, but the atmosphere here is really bone chilling, and the slow gameplay only reinforces that atmosphere.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Buy it! or at least try it!

Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Lady Gaga, incognito

#2 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:26 AM

Question; does this have any shitty stealth like Penumbra?
Posted Image
Eat my piss.

Hupsakee!

Icon

#3 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:29 AM

No fighting involved at all, it's hide for your life. It basically does everything Penumbra should have done right.
Afaik, no stealth as in Thief or splinter cell.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Sex bomb

#4 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

What do you mean by shitty stealth? The parts where you had to hide from monsters were the best bits of Penumbra. Everything else was an utter bore.

Lady Gaga, incognito

#5 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:43 AM

View PostEl Inspector, on 15 September 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

What do you mean by shitty stealth? The parts where you had to hide from monsters were the best bits of Penumbra. Everything else was an utter bore.

Yeah, those shitty bits.
Posted Image
Eat my piss.

Sex bomb

#6 Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

I wish these developers would stop pumping shitty adventure games with good horror elements and just made a modern Clock Tower.

Vizard

#7 Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

View PostEl Inspector, on 14 September 2010 - 10:46 PM, said:

I wish these developers would stop pumping shitty adventure games with good horror elements and just made a modern Clock Tower.

I never finished that game...or got very far. Everywhere I hid, that guy would keep finding me and cutting my head off with those giant scissors he carried around. That game kinda freaked me out.
Steam, XBL, and PSN: Dothius

Hupsakee!

Icon

#8 Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Ah, the good old "bash it before you try" mentality. Keep it up! You'll get far!
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr. Frost

#9 Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I played it through last week. It's a really good game and gave me the chills quite a few times. Atmosphere is great and puzzles are challenging in the right way.

Vizard

#10 Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

It's definitely something I will consider trying at a future point in time. I have too much on my gaming plate for the rest of the year though.
I'm not bashing it, I just don't have the time for it right now.
Steam, XBL, and PSN: Dothius

Hupsakee!

Icon

#11 Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Oh I wasn't aiming at you, psion.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Lady Gaga, incognito

#12 Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

Hey mang I might still try it. I just really, really hated the stealth in Penumbra. Cos I hate stealth.
Posted Image
Eat my piss.

Dark Souls GOTY

Icon

#13 Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

And you're talking to a man who's laughed in the face of Resident evil, sneered at Doom 3, and chuckled at System Shock 2.

Who hasn't?

And yes, Amnesia was great.
It's not the scariest game ever as some make it out to be, but great nonetheless.
So were the Penumbra's (except the third 'puzzler' one; nothing special)
<Brumisator> dr matta is starting to act more and mor like the retarded part of gui's brain when he posts
[HLF]GUI: Seeing your name in red brings nothing but shadows to my dark soul. you will ruin this site. humanity. will burn.
EatChildren: oh god not dr matta what have we done

As if!

#14 Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

Even watching people play it on youtube gives me the chills.
Posted Image
Xbox Live: Z0RiN
"Doom 4"
...and uhh, Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe..in the face. His body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen.

Combine Elite Pilot

#15 Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'm playing it and so far its probably the scariest and most atmospheric horror game I've played.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users