Half-Life Fallout: Webhosting? - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Webhosting?

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#1 Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hmm so I just noticed the Kodo Webhosting at the bottom of the page. I currently use Acenet, and for $7 bucks they offer pretty much everything I get for $20...

Truth be told I've rarely used it but I'm starting up a new project and need portfolio space and it got me thinking...

So suggestions? I'm starting to think the $2 pack is even fine unless the project blows up and then I figure I'll just up the pack.

Q

On extended vacation

#2 Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Well what are you using the web space for? Difficult to suggest without the back story Korsair! :whacklook

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#3 Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Ahh good point :zombieattack

For now I just want to run a wiki on it, haven't made up my mind as to which, but it'll probably use mysql, other than that, it'll be pretty low traffic for the foreseeable future.

Actually brings up another question. Wikis... suggestions? I found www.wikimatrix.org but I'm still overloaded with wikis...

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#4 Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

buy your domain's directly, I made the error of purchasing one of those packages that you obtain a free domain from hostgator and they essentially own the domain, its been 2 years and they still havent released it... oh well, got a .org version of it.
Posted Image

Combine Elite Pilot

#5 Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 08 August 2011 - 06:05 AM, said:

buy your domain's directly, I made the error of purchasing one of those packages that you obtain a free domain from hostgator and they essentially own the domain, its been 2 years and they still havent released it... oh well, got a .org version of it.

You can usually ask for the account from where ever that company registers the domain. I had a nightmare host a few years ago, and I just asked support to give me the info. That company just used NameCheap, and it wasn't difficult to transfer the domain from them.
I'm good at showering.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users