Half-Life Fallout: Mod Review: Call In - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mod Review: Call In

Poison Piealicious

#1 Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Call-In is a small mod that places you in the shoes of a rebel who's send to infiltrate a combine base in order to retrieve some data. Through text messages displayed on screen (a la Minerva) you are guided on towards your goal.

Posted Image

The mod brings nothing new to the table, using the same formula as the game it's made from. However, this is by no means a bad thing, as it does it well.
The level design does a good job at capturing the Half-Life 2 feel, and though familiar none of it comes off as bland. For the most part, the combat is easy, with some notable exceptions when nearing the end. Puzzles are scarce and and all involve opening up the path forward, so they come naturally rather than feeling like an obvious set-piece intent on stumping the player (though I might have been playing these games for so long it's become second nature to me).

Posted Image

Overall this is a solid if short experience and the only thing I found lacking was that there was no voice work for a character you meet near the end.
Posted Image

High Priest of Onionism

Icon

#2 Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for completing this assignment, Berrie. You are hereby awarded the rank of "pretty cool guy".

I played the mod too, and mostly agree with what he said. It definitely had a very HL2 feel to it, the design was very solid overall, the game flow was spot on.
Why reinvent the wheel when you can make more wheels? Big thumbs up.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users