So some people upgrade their rigs to run BF3, or Batman: Anisotriopic filtering (sequel to Batman: Anti-Aliasing, get it?). well now that you've pretended to laugh at my joke, I'll just say that my PC is dying. Furious totaly system crashes, now multiple times a day. I've tried all I can think of (mostly swearing it a it and kicking it), but meh, I gotz a little cash from selling my onion juices to that guy in the back alley, so I figured I may as well build a 2011 worthy rig.
Things that I need: everything that's inside the case, things I don't need is peripherals (mouse, kb, speakers, screens), and I'm keeping my sound card, because it's sexy.
So, here's my
revision 4. I changed my mind and I'm reselling my old compy as is, instead of part per part.
- Core i5 2500k 3,3 GHZ, LGA1155, 8MB
NINJA cooler. (just so I can have corsairs and ninjas fighting it out inside my PC.)
- ASUS GTX 560 Ti , 1GB GDDR5 + Batman - Arkham City
(hey, free game, I was going to buy it some day anyway)
- SSD: Crucial CT256 M4 SSD2 (speed benchmark winning SSD, 256GB)
- HDD: 3TB Caviar Green, 3.5", 64MB, Sata3
- RAM: 2x4GB, DDR3 20000MHz, CL9, Corsair
- Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (revision 3.1)
- LG DVD+RW
- PSU: Toughpower XT 775W Cable Management
( cable management)
- Case: Fractal Designs Define R3 , black
(I really like my current Antec P180 case, and this one looks quite similar, wihtout the brandname overprice)
I'm keeping my external 1TB, should be enough, for now.
Hmmm...a sexy new screen seems tempting. I can't decide between:
1) The better looking VA panel on the iiyama X2472HD-1 with 8ms response time (who the fuck comes up with these names?)
2) The slightly less good looking TN panel of the iiyama E2472HD-1 with 2ms response time
Welp, I'm at 1300 euros, mostly because of my outrageous SSD, I think it's looking pretty good.
With a monitor, it'd come up to an even 1500€. A budget? what is that?