Half-Life Fallout: Back to basics: Half-Life Dreamcast - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Back to basics: Half-Life Dreamcast

Hupsakee!

Icon

#1 Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Do you stay up at night, wishing you had a reason to play Half-Life? Well here'y your flimsy excuse!
Half-Life Dreamcast is a port to PC (requires Half-Life to be installed for the mod to work) of the Dreamcast version, which was slated for release a couple years after HL1 on PC, but was ultimately shelved.
Now's your chance to play the game you love(d), but slightly different.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Citadel Elite Guard

#2 Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

This just doesn't seem like a good time investment.

I guess you could pretend it's Black Mesa released 12 years ago.
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2015 - 9/5/2019

Combine Trooper

#3 Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Playing through HL is never a bad time investment. I'm curious enough to be interested in playing through this but I need to work through my backlog of unplayed games before I consider replaying games.

Poison Piealicious

#4 Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

What was so different about Half-Life Dreamcast other than the console it was slated for?
Posted Image

Dark Souls GOTY

Icon

#5 Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

More polygons (double i believe), unique NPCs, different props, level design which has been heavily modified in places (different lighting/geometry/new puzzle elements)
<Brumisator> dr matta is starting to act more and mor like the retarded part of gui's brain when he posts
[HLF]GUI: Seeing your name in red brings nothing but shadows to my dark soul. you will ruin this site. humanity. will burn.
EatChildren: oh god not dr matta what have we done

Colonel Benefactor

#6 Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

gonna try it this weekend, there's never enough half-life in your life, the glass is half-empty.

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#7 Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

gonna download & play tonight!

EDIT: just played it, other than newer gun & character models, i dont see anything particularly different from the original, I finished blast pit (skipped We've got hostiles) and havent noticed any significant (or insignificant) map changes

Posted Image

Colonel Benefactor

#8 Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

View Postsuicide_mission, on 20 January 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

gonna download & play tonight!

EDIT: just played it, other than newer gun & character models, i dont see anything particularly different from the original, I finished blast pit (skipped We've got hostiles) and havent noticed any significant (or insignificant) map changes

The HD models are a bit different than the ones in the Blue-Shift HD pack, and there are a few maps that are a bit different, some in Office Complex, Surface Tension & Lamda Core.

Download tip:
http://www.gamefront...e-Day-One-Demo/

http://www.halflifeu....com/steamlink/

http://decay.half-li...files&sub=decay

-The first demo of Half-Life (Half-Life Day One), a good old non-Steam version, playabe in 320x240 :laugh:
-Half-life Uplink (a part of Half-Life that got cut-out, the demo I always loved very much, it came with my GOTY edition of Half-Life)
-Half-Life Decay, ported from PS2 for the pc, playable in co-op!! Have fun :gordon:

I am really a brain in a jar.

#9 Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Well, I was about to go to sleep...
Posted Image
SentientGraphics Website| FaceBook| From 4bit to 64bit; Gaming for 36 years 1977-2013

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users