Half-Life Fallout: A Red Letter Day: Results - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Red Letter Day: Results

I am a Lie

Icon

#1 Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

With February 4th now having come and gone; 13,216 Half-Life fans played HL2 during steam's peak user time for a "call for communication" from Valve about the conclusion to the Half-Life series. Given that was only a small fraction of the group's total members (currently, there are 50,727 people in the group), the group's creator is calling it a success. And only the first of many group messages they'll be organizing to send to valve so that we can finally . . . finish the fight.
Posted Image

Citadel Elite Guard

#2 Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

13/50, lol

I've always though this little group protest was stupid; I just felt like playing through HL2 again and figured this was a good excuse. But 37k people joined the group but couldn't even be bothered to idle in HL2? That's just lol.
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2015 - 9/5/2019

I am a Lie

Icon

#3 Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yea, I'm hoping that the next one will be better
Posted Image

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#4 Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Not sure it will make any difference to valve, might make a joke about them but I think they will talk when they want to talk.

Hupsakee!

Icon

#5 Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Who really cares? We all had fun playing HL2 at the same time, and blah to the consequences.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

G-Man Personal Aid

#6 Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Considering how many games addict/consume people nowadays is it a surprise that people wouldn't even want to "idle" a game from a company that doesn't bother talking about a successor?

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#7 Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostInimitable, on 06 February 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

But 37k people joined the group but couldn't even be bothered to idle in HL2? That's just lol.

Thing is lots of people would have had to download the game again and would not care enough to do that as it requires advance planning, not to mention they specified a half an hour time window which meant that many would be indisposed to play at this time. The 13K figure puts it up there with Left 4 Dead 2 and close to Call of Duty MW3 multiplayer.

This hasn't been a runaway success but still they have managed to get thousands and thousands of people around the world to play the game at the same time, it's certainly not a failure.

Definitely better than 2 guys picketing outside Valve HQ.

Posted Image

Your God, Lord, and Master

#8 Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostHumbug, on 05 February 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Thing is lots of people would have had to download the game again and would not care enough to do that as it requires advance planning, not to mention they specified a half an hour time window which meant that many would be indisposed to play at this time. The 13K figure puts it up there with Left 4 Dead 2 and close to Call of Duty MW3 multiplayer.

This hasn't been a runaway success but still they have managed to get thousands and thousands of people around the world to play the game at the same time, it's certainly not a failure.

Definitely better than 2 guys picketing outside Valve HQ.

Posted Image

At least they got to have lunch with Gabe.
fka WetFart
Xbox Live: Hasan i Sabbah PSN: DyingTickles120
Steam: solidus2084 Steam Display Name: DyingTickles
Origin: DyingTickles

Combine Elite Pilot

#9 Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I personally think this sort of thing should happen more often.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users