Half-Life Fallout: Iron Sky - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iron Sky

Mr. Frost

#1 Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.

When American astronaut James Washington (Christopher Kirby) puts down his Lunar Lander a bit too close to the secret Nazi base, the Moon Führer (Udo Kier) decides the glorious moment of retaking the Earth has arrived sooner than expected. Washington claims the mission is just a publicity stunt for the President of the United States (Stephanie Paul), but what else could the man be but a scout for the imminent attack by Earth forces? The Fourth Reich must act!

Two Nazi officers, ruthless Klaus Adler (Götz Otto) and idealistic Renate Richter (Julia Dietze), travel to Earth to prepare the invasion. In the end when the Moon Nazi UFO armada darkens the skies, ready to strike at the unprepared Earth, every man, woman and nation alike, must re-evaluate their priorities.

Source: http://www.ironsky.net

Trailer:

Iron Sky Official Theatrical Trailer [HD]

Watch that in HD.

I'm very excited about this.

Colonel Benefactor

#2 Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

When I read the story I tought, awesome! But the trailer is a little meh. But I think it's gonna be fun.

Citadel Elite Guard

#3 Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

needs more Hell March [Kirov Airships in Space Remix]
Posted Image
Steam ID || NNID: Inimitable
Former HLF Staff, 6/6/2015 - 9/5/2019

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#4 Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

welp, the concept seems more sound than Battleship
Posted Image

Hupsakee!

Icon

#5 Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Urgh. Palin jokes, seriously? that's the best humour they could find for the trailer?
Pop culture references are lazy writing, and by the time the film comes out, they're already outdated.

Still, it looks like it could be an okay film. All cinema looks like shit in trailers nowadays anyway.
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Gordon Freeman's Personal Aid

#6 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Looks pretty cool should have some wow factor.

Somehow I wish it were a computer game though... think the plot would work well as a game.

Colonel Benefactor

#7 Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostBrumisator, on 09 February 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Urgh. Palin jokes, seriously? that's the best humour they could find for the trailer?
Pop culture references are lazy writing, and by the time the film comes out, they're already outdated.

Still, it looks like it could be an okay film. All cinema looks like shit in trailers nowadays anyway.

Most of the time the trailer is better than the movie..

This is a great example what a trailer can do for a movie:

Mr. Frost

#8 Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

So, saw this a couple of weeks ago. I think it was pretty good considering the budget and that it's basically from amateur film makers. Awesome CGI if nothing else. Few good jokes and a single great one, if you are finnish.

Hupsakee!

Icon

#9 Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hmmm... can I have a spoiler on the one good joke?

Good CGI is really not reason enough for me to even pirate a movie, let alone pay to see it..
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Mr. Frost

#10 Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostBrumisator, on 23 April 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hmmm... can I have a spoiler on the one good joke?

Good CGI is really not reason enough for me to even pirate a movie, let alone pay to see it..

Nope. People were laughing out loud and clapping after that scene, that's all I say :P. Besides every Finn should go see it and show the support to the makers. I have to say I enjoyed the movie (and found it fun overall), but I heard that some didn't. Maybe they were expecting something else. Not very good, but worth a watch imo.

Hupsakee!

Icon

#11 Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

Welp, by chance, I actually went to see Iron Sky.

It was...okay. They utilised the idea of space nazis well, and we had a few laughs, that's about it.
I'd really love to see this movie re-cut, as the editing was the most glaringly bad part in this movie, too many subplots that went nowhere for no reason, abandoning major characters for long stretches of time, it was all very inconsistent.

But at least the Sarah Palin jokes, although feeling very dated in 2012, were rather far in between.

Thee swastikas out of five peace signs
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users