Half-Life Fallout: Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Begins May 8 - Half-Life Fallout

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative Begins May 8

Mr Macintosh

Icon

#1 Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Today Valve have announced a free Portal 2 DLC titled "Perpetual Testing Initiative" will be available for the PC and Mac on May 8th. The "Perpetual Testing Initiative" allows players to easily create, share, and play Portal 2 puzzles. The Initiative comes with a simplified puzzle maker that allows that creation of mind-bending puzzles without ever leaving the game. You can watch a trailer here for more info.

The puzzle maker can directly publish maps to the Steam Workshop where users can browse, vote on, and select to play them. Selected puzzles will automatically be downloaded and installed inside Portal 2.

Hupsakee!

Icon

#2 Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Well hot diggedy!

A year after release isn't really the ideal time, but better now than never...now if there was still a soul on this planet who cared enough about valve game mods to write about them for a fansite...
Posted Image
A Vvaardenfell sunset

I am really a brain in a jar.

#3 Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Well, I'm pretty psyched. Any details on how we will be able to share /trade maps?
Posted Image
SentientGraphics Website| FaceBook| From 4bit to 64bit; Gaming for 36 years 1977-2013

Ivan the Space Biker's Personal Aid

Icon

#4 Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

i wish they have a ranking system for them, so much potential to make fun maps. Wish they did something like this for hl2 and source based games. No more dealing with hammer!
Posted Image

I am really a brain in a jar.

#5 Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Ahhh I see, Steamworks.
Posted Image
SentientGraphics Website| FaceBook| From 4bit to 64bit; Gaming for 36 years 1977-2013

G-Man Personal Aid

#6 Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

Community Test Chambers Preview

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users