- Play for free. You need not own anything!
- Feast your eyes on over 2,000 custom Models and 5,000 custom textures – more than HL2.
- Experience over 2,000 choreographed scenes and over 6,500 lines of dialogue from all new voice acting.
- Immerse yourself in an all new soundtrack and over 2,300 custom sound effects.
- Feel the impact of custom systems such as the Face Creation System, Custom Gib System, Deathcam and more.
We aren’t afraid of looking dated at all. For one thing, we’ve gone through one engine change during development, which means we aren’t using the same version of the source engine we started with back in 2005. For another thing, throughout development we’ve pushed this version of the engine to its limits, often creating maps that just skirted the limits of the engine due to their complexity and visual fidelity.
This project started as a “Half-life HD” of sorts, but it’s really grown into more of a re-imagining of Half-life with an emphasis on using what we as an industry have learned in the last decade. I feel that there could potentially have been a much more robust and fun experience if, from the very beginning, we had put more of a focus on “New, fun experience that is evocative of Half-Life” and less “Half-life HD”. It has confused our design approach and structure over the years, I think. There are probably people on the team who would wholeheartedly disagree with those sentiments though.
We’re working very hard to get something out to our fans in the soon-ish timeframe. I really won’t say anything more than that.